Nursery School Fees and Free Funding Entitlements
We aim to offer parents the flexibility to use their FREE early education and childcare entitlement to suit their individual needs and requirements and wherever possible protect them from additional costs.
Parents can use their FREE funding between the hours of 8.00 and 18.00 Monday to Friday.
Each session should be for a minimum of 3 hours, up to a maximum of 10 hours per day. The latest drop off for a morning session is 10.00 and the earliest pick up is 12.00. If this does not fit in with your specific needs then please speak to us directly.
Funding can be divided between providers for example the nursery and childminder or 2 early years’ providers.
WHEN CAN I CLAIM MY FREE ENTITLEMENT?
The point at which FREE early education and childcare begins depends on the Child’s birthday. This is the same whether you are claiming free funding for a 2, 3 or 4 year old.
• If your child was born in January, February or March, then you can claim from the beginning of the term that begins on or after the 1st April.
• If your child was born in April, May, June, July or August, then you can claim from the beginning of the term that starts on or after the 1st September.
• If your child was born in September, October, November or December then you can claim from the beginning of the term that starts on or after the 1st January.
FREE CHILDCARE FOR 2 YEAR OLDS.
Some 2 year olds in England are eligible for 15 hours of FREE early education and childcare for 38 weeks per year, the term after their second birthday. In order to qualify for this FREE entitlement you must be in receipt of and can provide evidence of one or more of the following:
• Income Support
• Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
• Income based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
• Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
• Child Tax Credit and/or Working Tax Credit and have an annual income under £16,190
• The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
• The Working Tax Credit four week-run on
• Universal credit
There are also a number of criteria that apply to your child and if any of the following apply then they would be eligible for 2 year old funding:
• They are looked after by the Local Authority
• They get Disability Living Allowance
• They have a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan
• They have left care under a Special Guardianship Order, Child Arrangements Order or an Adoption Order
FREE CHILCARE FOR 3 and 4 YEAR OLDS (15 hours per week, 570 hours per year)
All 3 and 4 year olds living in England are entitled to 570 hours of FREE early education and Childcare a year from the term following their 3rd birthday. This is normally taken as 15 hours per week for 38 weeks per year, but some parents choose to stretch this by taking fewer hours per week and extending the number of weeks that their child attends per year.
FREE ADDITIONAL HOURS CHILDCARE FOR 3 and 4 YEAR OLDS (15 additional hours per week, 570 additional hours per year)
Parents living and working in England may be entitled to receive an additional 570 hours FREE per year. This additional funding can be taken over 38 weeks or stretched up to 48 weeks with parents taking fewer hours per week. The entitlement of the additional hours is conditional on the following factors:
• Both parents must be working, or the sole parent must be working in a lone parent family
• Each parent must earn at least the equivalent of 16 hours a week at national minimum wage or living wage (£6,000)
• Both parents must NOT be earning more than £100,00.00 per year each
• If either parent is on maternity, paternity or adoption leave, or is unable to work because of a disability, or caring responsibilities they may still be eligible.
If you believe that you meet the criteria above and are eligible for the additional entitlement, you can apply via the government’s Childcare Choices Website
NURSERY SCHOOL FEES
Any additional hours, or those children not entitled to free funding are able to purchase these hours at a cost of :-
2 year olds – A 3 hour session – £20.00 (discounted) – additional hours available at £7.50 per hour
3 & 4 year olds – A 3 hour session – £15.00 (discounted) – additional hours available at £5.50 per hour
If you have any questions about funding, free entitlement or the additional hour’s fees then please contact the office.